Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Vault of the Moon Goddess

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
JohnnyH interpolator
Hey PC!, I've just finished my first demo reel project after completing my schooling up here in Canada, specializing in environment art for games, and I thought I would share it with you and hopefully get some comments and critques

I've posted the video as well as a bunch of my breakdowns here at the CGStudentAwards 2015 site:

http://www.cgstudentawards.com/student-of-the-year-games/johnny-malcolm

boJGGa5.jpg

Replies

• Bedrock
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bedrock polycounter lvl 10
    Could use some stronger lighting in the first scene to improve the focal point(s), but otherwise it's a really nice piece! The dome roof at the end could be darker, both the purple/blue tiles and the gold frames, otherwise it stands out a little too much.

In the same vein, some bits in the background are a little too distracting because they are bright and/or moving, like the godrays, steam, fog (particularly through the circular door), water reflections, etc. Individually they are not bad but altogether it's like a VFX circus :P
    Not saying you should remove them or anything, I just think your main piece should pop out more because it looks so good. Also the planets could be larger maybe?

I really dig the music as well, care to share the name?