Home Unreal Engine

Terrain Material Setup with LandscapeLayerWeight

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Mant1k0re polycounter lvl 8
Hey there,

I am following this awesome tut showing how to use tiled terrain in Unreal, it's working great except for the material part.

The instruction states to:

[...] Create a Landscape Layer Weight node for each weightmap you exported from World Machine.

[...] Connect the output of the layer you want on the bottom to the "Base" input of the layer you want in the middle.

[...] Connect the output of the layer you want in the middle to the "Base" input of the layer you want on top.

[...] Connect the output of the layer you want on top to the "Base Color" input on the material node.

[...] Connect the outputs of the textures to the associated "Layer" input on the landscape layer weight nodes.

I've done exactly that but my material remains desperately black. Below is my network, what am I doing wrong here?

Replies

• Mant1k0re
    Offline / Send Message
    I should have mentioned the material appears black in the preview window inside the material editor. Strangely enough, when I applied it via the Import Tiled Landscape menu, it ended up showing correctly inside the engine. Strange?
  • Mant1k0re
    Offline / Send Message
    The reason it wasn't showing in preview is because the default preview mesh does not have a landscape layer to it. To solve this, you just need to select LandscapeLayerWeight nodes and set the option "Preview Weight" in their parameter. Solved!