Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Few Zbrush Practice sculpts

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
AshishVerma polycounter lvl 8
Hi,

The following are the few of the practice sculpts I created in Zbrush comments and critiques are most welcome.

\

Replies

• AshishVerma
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zbrush practice work
  • AshishVerma
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    both the sculpts are practice sculpts therefore I'll be happy if you'll can point out the negatives and positives (if any) on the above ............. :)
  • BradMyers82
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BradMyers82 interpolator
    Hey man, it’s a good start but there are a lot of anatomical issues with these.
    I’ll just name a few…
    Elbow area from the front is way too thin/small
    Clavical from the side is pushed in too far
    Abs look too flat, and defined oddly from the sides.
    The tie in on the pec towards the armpit is too high and wide.
    Shoulders look a bit high in general
    Quad muscle structure is off. The cuts in the center of the quad don’t come that far down are further to the outside, have an extra cut down the center you are missing, and look too defined for the clothing he is wearing in the first place.
    His eyes need a lot of work. The eyelids don’t wrap around the eye ball quite like that and they are buldged out way too far.
    Nasal fold is too defined
    Skull around the back of the head is too small
    He has a jay leno chin. Not sure if that’s intentional. Its is possible but very unusual looking. Normally the chin comes further back from the side.
    Cheek bone isn’t defined correctly, and brow seems to extend too high
    Body should be wider from the side if his hips are as wide as they are
    Tricep is too large and oddly cut out by the top head
    The curve of the spine from the side doesn’t look quite right
    Glutes are too low, they should stand up higher for someone with this sort of build
    Calves stand too high, and back of the knee area too thin
    Hips look too low and don’t show the correct bone structure.
    Forarms too thin

It’s a good start but lots too improve. If you are really interested in character art Id recommend a study of a male anatomy without the clothing confusing things. You would probably get better feedback from other people here too. Good luck man!
  • AshishVerma
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi BradMyers82, First of all I like to say that your work is amazing (went to your website & I hope to do that kind of work sometime soon). These are some of my very first sculpts done in zbrush so I knew somewhere that I'll be making alot of mistakes and I was looking for some in-depth feedback on where I went wrong and thanks a lot for providing me exactly what I wanted. I appreciate you for taking the time to comment on my work and I totally agree on most of what you've said. Thanks and it means alot especially coming from a pro like you :)
  • BradMyers82
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BradMyers82 interpolator
    Thanks for the kind words. Glad to help dude, keep us posted with your updates!
  • AshishVerma
  • AshishVerma
    Options
    Offline / Send Message