Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Pirate Cabin Environment - School Project

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Rynosauras polycounter lvl 7
Hey everyone!

Here's just a small 4 week environment Project I've been doing with a group for school, only one week left and I was looking for some critique as to how I can really push the environment more and bring out the center chair and table as the focal point. The environment itself is supposed to a Pirate Captain's Cabin in the 16th-17th century during the golden age of piracy as we had a theme of "Era". Thanks in advance!

Sd1h8Gq.jpg

RfZL0hD.jpg

3V8T7dP.jpg

ppnIyKr.jpg

5yKZoPe.jpg

jb8ONSE.jpg

Replies

• mats effect
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think it looks decent over all but maybe a bit too big and empty you have a massive open floor space and on a ship I don't think that much space would go to waste. Maybe add in a second larger table to fill it and cover it with maps, candles etc.
  • nickcomeau
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nickcomeau polycounter lvl 4
    A lot of the environment assets look like they are stylized a bit, while the rug, globe and map look just photosourced. I would like to see them have the same feeling as the rest of the room/visa versa. Maybe do a paintover of them or tighten everything else up? I guess it is looking stylized because things are a bit soft and wavy throughout, like the floor and the detail on the table. Lastly, paper on the side of a table bends (I'm looking at the desk for that one)! :P
  • Rynosauras
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rynosauras polycounter lvl 7
    Thanks for the feedback guys! unfortunately the inconsistency with texturing wont be fixed as it's a group project and not everyone is willing to put in 100% for it like some others are.. also with the emptiness I still haven't received everyones assets so until then I plan to make some small stuff to fill it up with!

I was also looking for some opinions/advice/critiques on composition and lighting since it's a lot easier for me to fix it :)