Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Dzong chorten- texture feedback and help

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Itholon polycounter lvl 7
Hey everyone
I made this Dzong Chorten (can be found in Far Cry 4) and I tried Substance painter for the first time. But I have no idea what am I doing in Substance Painter, especialy while painting environment props. So I am looking for some feedback on the texture. (Damn, environment textures are 1000x harder than metal props)

Here are some pics

screenshot002.png

screenshot003.png
Thanks in advance for feedback.

Replies

• FullHaDes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi Itholon,
    great work right there! It's nice to see someone recreating Far Cry 4 buildings, I really like this type of architecture.
    Regarding the texture, it looks very cool except the red roof. I don't know if it's too glossy or just heavily desaturated, but I think that roof should be more red and maybe a little darker. Overall it feels pretty realistic but maybe the edges of this "building" should be a little bit more destroyed and naturally shaped. At the moment, they are perfectly straight and it just breaks that realistic look.
    Looking forward for upcoming updates and maybe more buildings like this one, I love it!
  • Itholon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the feedback Fullhades, I'll try to fix that when I get home.
  • Maxilator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Maxilator polycounter lvl 8
    The previous comment touched on this but you should have more destruction along edges and corners, this is especially prominent on the bottom part, where there are more scratches on the flat surface than the corners. In real life, since these stick out, they are more likely to get bumped and scratched than the flat surface. The picture bellow shows this quite well, as you can see, almost all the plaster along the edge has been worn off. You have kind of gotten this going on the white part.

Old-Building-Martinique.jpg
  • Itholon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the feedback Maxilator, I did the second building with your critiques in mind, there are still some things to fix, but I think it looks much better this time.

tGdMO4y.jpg

mzft0xy.jpg
  • nickcomeau
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nickcomeau polycounter lvl 4
    Not a huge fan of the dark gray around every corner that you have right now. Also where the brick is peeking through is too clean I think. The corners are looking good (the modeling part) but I would try to very the amount of damage that you have more and maybe add some more cracks throughout the whole wall.