Home Adobe Substance

Exposing offset parameters

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
Hey all, I've written a tiny graph that selects a single row of pixels from an image (to feed into the Gradient Dynamic).

I've exposed the offsets from the source image, however I only want to expose the Y offset and I want to keep the X offset locked (or preferably hidden. Any idea how I can do that?

Replies

• m4dcow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    m4dcow interpolator
    You could hook the offset parameter upto a function that is driven by an input parameter instead of directly exposing it.

Or I assume you are using the offset to change the gradient, you could just expose the gradient input position parameter on the dynamic gradient node instead.
  • Rick Stirling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    Ah, that function worked (almost, a minor issue).

I created a new Input Variable called Row_Select, set to Float.

I then found the Offset on the Transform 2d node and set it to an empty function.

The function was simple, a Constant Float set to 0.0 and a Variable Get float set to Row_Select. They then got piped into a Vector float 2 to give me 0,Row_select value. That worked a treat.

Except....

The Row select was originally in it's own graph, and when I have it in it's own graph it can't see the row_select from the Gradient mix graph. I need to figure out how to pass an input value from 1 graph to to another.