Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Anatomy Studies

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
Jarran polycounter lvl 11
Hey there, for a uni project I;m studying the skeleton, musculature and then the overall form of the arm. Muscles and bones are done just working on the skin now.
2Df2icR.jpg
H2mStvE.jpg
9I0hL2d.jpg

Could do with some major crit, especially on the hand as I'm struggling to get the forms right. Currently it's only wip getting the major shapes so thats why theres no skin detail just yet!

Replies

• Tomseas
    Offline / Send Message
    Tomseas polycounter lvl 5
    The main issue with the hands right now is the proportions of the fingers vs the palm. The fingers are way too short. I'd solve this by making the palm smaller (less long).
    I feel your forearm is also on the long side.
  • Jarran
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks man :D
    2jDJWqs.jpg
    Made the hand slightly smaller and the fingers longer, it seems to have made the arm a little more in proportion with the arm too.

Actually looking at it again the forearm does look a little long but I think thats to do with how the upper arm and forearm transition into each other I'll have a play with that.
  • Jarran
    Offline / Send Message
    CC_Tl3rWIAIy0b9.jpg:large
    Progress on this. Looking more in proportion now.
  • Dan Powell
    Offline / Send Message
    Dan Powell polycounter lvl 5
    Looking good mate. :)

Have you tried using one of the more contrasting shaders in ZBrush? I've found it helps you pick out where you need to put more mass because you can see the line definition better

I feel like a bit more overall definition might help this along - or a more contrasting shader :P

Palm looks really nice with the details in it now too
  • Jarran
    Offline / Send Message
    Cheers mate, I dunno why I settled for using this shader I've gone back to Green Roma that I was using before and it looks 10x better haha. Just got to work on the wrinkles and all that jazz now
  • Jarran
    Offline / Send Message
    dEAcLYY.png
    God I'm tired of staring at this, struggling with the thumb but it's getting there i think