Home Adobe Substance

Correct PBR Values - Substance Designer

mobpapst
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
mobpapst polycounter lvl 4
Hey there,

i got following question. is there a way to check out the values for the spec and gloss maps in substance designer to get correct pbr values that fit into a next gen engine like cry or ue4? in photoshop i used the mean to get proper results

Replies

• SwdPwnzDggr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SwdPwnzDggr polycounter lvl 7
    Check out the PBR Albedo Safe Color and PBR BaseColor/Metallic Validate nodes for checking your current maps.

For creating maps check out the PBR Base Material, PBR Dielectric F0, and PBR Metal REflectance nodes.
  • Jerc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jerc interpolator
    The SD viewport is synced to UE4, so it should be pretty easy to get the right values for this engine.
  • gevarre
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Okay, so if the viewport is synced to UE4, is there any way to sync it to Unity 5?
  • NicolasW
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NicolasW polycounter lvl 13
    Few problems with unity 5:
    - their is a major bug with the reflection probes: depending on their resolution, for the same "smoothness" value, the glossy reflections will look dramatically different -> we can't even try to sync to something that can give 6 different results depending on a parameter. Hopefully they'll fix that soon.
    - for now they use a blinn-phong brdf, we use ggx (to sync to UE4). Both brdf are very different. I've heard they'll switch to ggx for highend platforms.
  • gevarre
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So assuming starting with default settings in unity for the reflection probes and so on, and assuming pc platform for unity output, what would be a good starting workflow to at least get close?

I understand it'll never be perfect, but at least a baseline approximation would be good.