Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Vama Jungle [Unity 5]

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
Neolight polycounter lvl 10
Hey everyone, last time I posted on these boards I was setting out to make a spyro the dragon themed environment in UE4 dragon environment . Well, life intervened and I ended up leaving my previous job to start a game studio of my very own called Dreamsail Games. We're making a flight racing game called WindRush.

The game is set in a world called Galestorm which is an arial fantasy world composed of floating islands. Right now I have to bang out a diorama of our first level which is set an steaming jungle teeming with skyfish and swamps. I've decided to turn this into a speed environment post on polycount since I need to bang it out as fast as possible anyways. Hopefully posting a thread will keep me cranking faster!

I've painted a concept and made a blockout in Unity 5 to kick things off. Let's go

Vama_Jungle.jpg

Replies

• Neolight
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Today's update with some gem cliffs, and starts to a water shader and some rock surfacing.

Vama_Jungle_02.jpg
  • AgelosAp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AgelosAp polycounter
    Hey man, this looks pretty nice, I 'm really curious to see how it will progress.
    I 'm a fan of flight games that aren't simulators, like panzer dragoon for instance.
    Keep it up and good luck with your endeavor!
  • Neolight
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey thanks Firith.

Here's a composition update with some supporting assets with rough or flat textures added that kind of fill the scene in. I'll be moving on to bringing the shrine head to final next, and then onwards to texturing everything else.

Vama_Jungle_Lunch_Crunch_03.jpg
  • Earthyn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Earthyn polycounter lvl 2
    Looking real nice right now buddy keep it up
  • Tetranome
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tetranome polycounter lvl 6
    Pretty concept, keen to see you nail it!
  • root
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    root polycounter lvl 17
    Ah man these concepts are so rad! I was also delighted to see Downhill Domination in the list of influences for this game - they nailed the sensation of speed pretty solidly.
  • Neolight
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks guys. Here's a new paintover of the shrine head. I'l be moving on to more modeling tomorrow.

Skapa_Vama_2.jpg

This is an old ruin made by the Skapa lizardmen. It's basically a shrine to humanity. The face is their intepretation of a human, and it's depicted devlishly because they brought an apocalypse upon themselves. Above it is a circuitry motif because they think that the doomsday that the humans caused was due to their abuse of technology (and in the case of the story, they are right). Surrounding the idol head there are some abstract city building statues and wind whooshes surrounding them to symbolize that the old human world has vanished. The Skapan sculptors knew that the jungle would overtake their shrine in time, I guess that serves to underscore that everything has a demise, including the Skapa themselves.
  • Neolight
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here's a terrain update

Vama_Jungle_03.jpg
  • Neolight
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here's another update.

Vama_Jungle_04.jpg