Fiddler Mech

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
ESFGames polycounter lvl 3
This project is a little bit different than my normal environments.
For this project i made a high poly of the Fiddler mech and then rendered it in keyshot.
Normally i would also make a low poly,unwrap and texture but for this project i wanted to try something else by only making the high poly and making a nice render with just materials.
i might make this into a game model one day but for now i like how it turned out.
Programs used: Maya3d - Zbrush - Keyshot - Photoshop

Jb5mKTF.jpg
by615ap.jpg
Le5MK89.jpg
PV7Uqge.jpg

Replies

• Theodoric
    Offline / Send Message
    Theodoric polycounter lvl 3
    Hahaha, very familiar story :D My Assault Mech also started as a highpoly for fun, then a RENDER with lot of PS, then a lowpoly and now he is sitting in the Unity store... :) Unfortunately because I didn't know it will be a game model later, I didn't make properly beveled edges for normal map, so it could be better.

Anyway, I love your design!
    Maybe the only thing is the small Gatling could be something else, since you used a big one as a left arm.
    As I see your model prepared for normal map baking with proper edges, so keep up the good work and push it! This seems a perfect model to play with it in substance painter, making it dirty and damaged, then put it in a game engine in a bad ass pose.
  • ESFGames
    Offline / Send Message
    ESFGames polycounter lvl 3
    Theodoric wrote: »
    Hahaha, very familiar story :D My Assault Mech also started as a highpoly for fun, then a RENDER with lot of PS, then a lowpoly and now he is sitting in the Unity store... :) Unfortunately because I didn't know it will be a game model later, I didn't make properly beveled edges for normal map, so it could be better.

Anyway, I love your design!
    Maybe the only thing is the small Gatling could be something else, since you used a big one as a left arm.
    As I see your model prepared for normal map baking with proper edges, so keep up the good work and push it! This seems a perfect model to play with it in substance painter, makeing it dirty and damaged, then put it in a game engine in a bad ass pose.

Thanks man! nice mech also.
    yea i'm first going to make an environment and maybe after that i get back to this one.
    i'm also a unity store publisher but at this moment unity is just too low for me.
    i have like 10 environment on it with all of them over 30-40 porps and i only sill like 5-10 a month so thats not worth the effort. i am thinking on going over to unreal marketplace :)