Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Facial Anatomy

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Maxilator polycounter lvl 8
Hi guys!
I started working on this head today, I am going to use it for a project on wrinkle maps for school. I were just going to start doing some detailing but I thought this might be a good time to improve upon my anatomy. So, what do you guys think, is there something I should change before going into detailing? Thanks in advance!

OkP4zFf.png

p1hDCPj.png

QIFhDfz.png

Replies

• Maxilator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi, I did some updates and made the detailing, hopefully I will get some feedback this time. Don't mind the eyes, they are just temporary, I would really like some feedback on the eyebrows especially, I don't really know how to make them seem realistic and this was the best way I could come up with without using fibers, I don't mind feedback on the rest though.

LvfPhAC.png

8GJHqtL.png

pkWzlPs.png
  • Maxilator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sup guys, third time's the charm right? I retopologized this guy and threw him into Maya and ran into this problem, namely, him being lit where he should not. Have you guys ever ran into this? As you can see his whole mouth is lit, even though the light is behind him and the back of the head should lay the mouth in shadow, I think I have ran into this problem before though I don't think I ever solved it.

s8WFGmY.png
  • skodone
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    skodone polycounter lvl 2
    i think you need to tick on "cast shadow"
    or its was with global illumination or smthn had
    that before.. cant exactly remember the fix but it wasnt
    difficult.
  • Maxilator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi guys, I need to animate this face to show how the wrinkles work in real time, does anyone of you know any good place to find monologues or something like that I can use?
  • jhoythottle
  • Maxilator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    skodone wrote: »
    i think you need to tick on "cast shadow"
    or its was with global illumination or smthn had
    that before.. cant exactly remember the fix but it wasnt
    difficult.

I noticed that it was related to the area light I used to illuminate the scene, When I scaled it larger it fro some reason shone through.