Home Adobe Substance

Substance painter merge all layers

Filip5
polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Filip5 polycounter lvl 9
Hey guys,

I am curious if there is possibility to somehow merge layers in substance painter. When exporting files into UDK, I have over 40+ textures. I tried to combine those alredy, but Igot dozens of small parts and its impossible to combine it into one.

If its not possible to merge layers or export out as one texture, how do you achieve the final texture ?

Thanks for advice.

Replies

• venain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    venain polycounter lvl 12
    If you right click in the viewport and choose "export all channels", the result of that should be all your layers merged into one texture (per channel). Can you maybe post screenshots of your document as well as the export results you're getting?
  • Filip5
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Filip5 polycounter lvl 9
    I tried right-clicking it, but the result is the same. Including my export settings along with saving folder.

x4uwn0eh3

http://postimg.org/image/x4uwn0eh3/
  • Bek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bek interpolator
    I believe that is a limitation/intended functionality of using multiple mesh materials (imported into SP which splits them into texture sets). Each texture set is meant to be used by a chunk of the mesh that has unique UV's, hence each texture set gets exported separately.

I'm not sure if you can project all your work onto a new mesh using only one material/texture set; when I tried this in reverse it would only project the texture set with the same name onto the new mesh. So you might have to merge them manually for now.
  • venain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    venain polycounter lvl 12
    Ah yes, I forgot about texture sets. I believe Bek is right, this is a current limitation of painter. You'll have to compile your texture sets in photoshop or something.

Merging texture sets in some way is on their roadmap, but I don't think there's a currently a way to do it. It might save you time in the future to just work with less texture sets if you can manage.

I generally just use one texture set per uv set (ex: if the head of my character has its own uv sheet, i'll make that its own texture set).