Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Wolverine

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
mickaelb polycounter lvl 3
Hello, I will post some personal/professional work there. All comments and critiques could improve my workflow so don't hesitate !

Wolverine - This is my first real full zbrush project. My goal is to not use other 3D software as Maya or 3dsMax (even for basemesh).

I didn't use zbrush so much yet so I need more practice, and advices from usual users like you.

My first sculpt made on Zbrush, Kevin Spacey :
kFDHbHA.jpg

Here's the character, for the moment :

Qsx7udf.jpg

iLQuHzq.jpg

As you can see, I really need to work on clothes folds (need to find lot of references). Feet are also a little too big, and I haven't already worked on the head.

To more, I need some advices about retopology in zbrush, I tried to dynamesh all the character, then zremesher it. But during projection, some points are projected at the wrong surface (for example, at feet' surface inside boots, instead of boots directly). Have any tips ?

Thank you !

Replies

• kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    Yeah there is some nice work in there.
    I like the torso and the feel that there is tight fabric covering it. You would just need those kinds of folds on the rest. The detailing as a sketch looks nice overall. The forearms, legs, hands and feet are tough areas. I would do a bunch of quick anatomy studies (speed sculpts) to get more familiar with those areas.
  • mickaelb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga wrote: »
    Yeah there is some nice work in there.
    I like the torso and the feel that there is tight fabric covering it. You would just need those kinds of folds on the rest. The detailing as a sketch looks nice overall. The forearms, legs, hands and feet are tough areas. I would do a bunch of quick anatomy studies (speed sculpts) to get more familiar with those areas.

Thank you for your comment. Yes I need more practices, I will do some anatomy studies in zbrush I think. I tried to keep continue in my workflow until a Marmoset render (10k triangles), but I will work again on the model and textures.

fUKJIhk.jpg
  • mickaelb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Little break on wolverine project, I just finished my speed modeling of m-98 Widow rifle from Mass Effect 2. I will work further on details in zbrush, then retopo and texture.

xD6Z5vr.png
    dXlGkbn.png
    6WDFU4F.png
  • mickaelb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Added some details in Zbrush...
    MsWm876.png
  • ScottHoneycutt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ScottHoneycutt polycounter lvl 14
    I like the improvements to the gun on that last shot :)
  • Hellfang132
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hellfang132 polycounter lvl 3
    Really like the gun (Mostly because I can`t make them)

I am also making Shepard from ME and was wondering if you wanted to do a collaboration?

(Shepard here)
    http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=151425
  • Kaine123
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kaine123 polycounter lvl 10

I am also making Shepard from ME and was wondering if you wanted to do a collaboration?

(Shepard here)

Why can't you make guns?
  • mickaelb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I like the improvements to the gun on that last shot :)

Thank you ;)

(Shepard here)

Thank you, but I have a lot of projects to finish first so for now I don't have the time for a collab' ;)

Here's the final Wolverine, maybe a rig and export to sketchfab next time !

vsGfciF.jpg

nbJeOUL.jpg

6DLph9k.jpg

EDIT : Finally, here is the model.

[SKETCHFAB]b29e077b11b54202804e950da01bec65[/SKETCHFAB]
  • Jcools
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Awesome work! I love the hexagon pattern on the fabric, gives it a real marvel cinematic universe quality. To throw my opinion into the mix and help you improve, I think the biceps and forearms are too wide and big considering the lack of equal definition in his deltoids. Also, for a skintight suit, the area of his kneecaps and below it have far too many wrinkles. It looks unfitted and disjoints the characters overall appearance from the knees up until the boots. But I think your character has an awesome appeal and would look great in a DCUO or X men Legends type game!
  • mickaelb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jcools wrote: »
    Awesome work! I love the hexagon pattern on the fabric, gives it a real marvel cinematic universe quality. To throw my opinion into the mix and help you improve, I think the biceps and forearms are too wide and big considering the lack of equal definition in his deltoids. Also, for a skintight suit, the area of his kneecaps and below it have far too many wrinkles. It looks unfitted and disjoints the characters overall appearance from the knees up until the boots. But I think your character has an awesome appeal and would look great in a DCUO or X men Legends type game!

Thank you for your comment ! :) The hexagon pattern is already as a default zbrush noisemaker preset (so we can say I didn't search further for the suit pattern ^^). Yeah after baking, I realized I modified deltoids during the t-pose and lost some definition. And for wrinkles I agree with you (and Kanga), there are too many of them. In my mind I thought the fact that boots are narrow will create some folds on the suit but this is not really true...

Thank you again ! ;)