Home Technical Talk

Wacom randomly makes swipes to the left?

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
Joltya polycounter lvl 10
Every so often when I make a stroke with my tablet, it randomly makes a swipe all the way to the left. I can't seem to replicate it at all, but it just kind of happens from time to time. It seems to happen a lot in Photoshop; I don't think I've seen it happen in any other program. If anyone knows how to fix this, I would greatly appreciate it, because it is driving me mad.

Replies

• monster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    monster polycounter
    You should list the version of Photoshop, tablet, and your OS.

A while back I was having a problem with strokes going upward. A driver update fixed the issue.

Also, do you have a touch enabled tablet? Try turning off that feature.

Finally, if it happens when you draw a line all the way off the right side, you could just need to re-calibrate.
  • Joltya
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joltya polycounter lvl 10
    Sure!

It's Intous 5 on Photoshop CS6 on Windows 7. I don't have touch enabled. I'm downloading the update right now.
  • Scruples
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Scruples polycounter lvl 10
    I have the same issue, it doesn't happen very often so I ignore it, maybe not the best approach but it happens in Zbrush/PS for me.
  • Spiffy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spiffy polycounter lvl 12
    I have an issue with my Tablet where If I put my pen on the very edge of the surface the cursor will jump to the opposite side. I never found a fix and just learnt to work around it unfortunately.

Maybe this is what's causing the problem?
  • bluegoon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joltya wrote: »
    Every so often when I make a stroke with my tablet, it randomly makes a swipe all the way to the left. I can't seem to replicate it at all, but it just kind of happens from time to time. It seems to happen a lot in Photoshop; I don't think I've seen it happen in any other program. If anyone knows how to fix this, I would greatly appreciate it, because it is driving me mad.

I bought a Wacom Manga last week, and the same happens to me! I tried it out in Corel Painter, and it did the same, now and then it would just straight to the right/left. Could this be a USB issue maybe? I know the ports on my mobo are a bit funky, so it might be that?
  • Anubis9
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Anubis9 polycounter lvl 6
    During the years, happened multiple times to me as well. Windows 7, 8.1, Photoshop/ZBrush, latest drivers, Graphire 3, Intuos 5, etc. Tried lots of stuff, might be USB, electromagnetic noise from power supplies or cables around, drivers or CPU hiccups. I was never able to figure it out. As it, thankfully, happens just once in a while, I undo the stroke and ignore it.
    Just letting you know you're not alone :).