Home Unreal Engine

Various UE4 questions on rendering

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
Meteorkid polycounter lvl 11
Hi, I'm setting up a model to render, it has 4k textures so im looking to have very clean sharp rendering to show that. I can use the screen percentage "console command" to to this and that is fine, however when I go back into the normal editor view after simulate or play in seperate viewport the editor fps stays the same as if it were still rendering the larger res although it isnt. Is this simply a bug or can i fix it myself. Maybe there is a restart/reset rendering command or something? Without me having to to close the editor then restart it which takes awhile.

I'm also looking to get the best out of my dynamic shadow maps as I'm not using lightmaps. Ive found a quality settings thing in the viewport settings but it only uses arbitury numbers 1-5. I would prefer to know the actual shadow map res like in cryengine. If there is any other commands relating to this kind of rendering I would also love to know as i really want to strive to get the best possible quality render I can. I dont mind sacrificing fps to do this.

Replies