Home Adobe Substance

SD5 issue with SVG node

polycounter lvl 13
Offline / Send Message
SyncViewS polycounter lvl 13
Hi Guys,
I am learning Substance Designer and I was trying the new SVG node by importing a simple shape from Inkscape. Unfortunately it seems that all the curved paths are read as straight in Substance. It looks correct when opened, for example, in a web browser.
I tried exporting the SVG as "Inkscape SVG", "Plain SVG", "Optimized SVG", but the result is always the same.

Do you know if there is any workaround, apart from splitting the curved shapes in multiple small straight segments, or if I am doing anything wrong?

Here is the SVG source file

sd_svg_issue.jpg

Thank you

- Enrico

Replies

• Jerc
    Offline / Send Message
    Jerc interpolator
    Did you try changing the SVG Quality in the options on the right when you click on the SVG resource in the package explorer?
    Also, does the SVG look right when you double click on it in the explorer window?
  • SyncViewS
    Offline / Send Message
    SyncViewS polycounter lvl 13
    Thanks Jerc,
    you pointed me in the right direction and I found the solution: the size of the SVG imported into Substance Designer was too small.

I didn't notice the "Vector Graphics Quality" slider, so it was set to 0, as default value. After increasing it to 1, I reloaded the SVG, and it wasn't straight anymore, but still not correct: in particular the smaller inner arcs were still segments, while the larger outer arcs became curved polylines made of 3 segments. The different result made me think to a size issue. Back to Inkscape I increased the size of the shape to cover 512px and resized the document accordingly. Back to Substance, it worked fine even at "Vector Graphics Quality" set to 0.

Thank you for your help!

- Enrico