Home Quixel Megascans

IN PROGRESS: Projects going corrupt & losing all masks then crashing.

polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
ScoobyDoofus polycounter lvl 19
Heya folks!

I'm about at the end of my patience with the Quixel Suite and dDo.
I consistently have issues with it suddenly somehow losing the masks/id's and corrupting the project. Even if you save and reload a corrupted project and try to recreate your masks, the Suite crashes.

I've seen it happen just spontaneously, while the machine was more or less idling. I was having a conversation with a coworker for a minute while using the suite, then when I moved my cursor back over the layer palette to continue, suddenly all the masks "updated" and were white. Clicking on anything crashed the suite.

I've followed all the troubleshooting steps as recommended by quixel.
I'm on the latest version of Java.
I've set all the suite apps to run as admin
I've cleared and reset my PS prefs
I'm running the 64bit of PS and the suite

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi Scooby, sorry to hear that!
    I would suggest you download the latest build from this thread and see if that adresses your issues!
  • teddybergsman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi ScoobyDoofus,

I am really sorry to hear about the corruption issues you have experienced. This has been driving me nuts for quite some time trying to figure out. I understand that is to little help now, but the latest patch addresses this issue, which should now be gone once and for all. You can get the patch here: http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=150503

Thanks for the report,
    - Teddy
  • ScoobyDoofus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Quixel guys,

Thanks for the prompt response! I have applied the patch and have seen some stability increase. However...I have NEW bugs that have essentially the same impact. Now, when I save a file, I frequently (maybe...35-50% of the time) get a message about how dDo prevented the file system from corrupting my file...then the program crashes and my project is corrupt and unrecoverable. :(

I'm also still seeing frequent problems with dDo misplacing items in the stack or not maintaining parity with the spec/gloss/normal maps. Not sure if a bug or intentional, but added layers are often in different order in the stack for albedo/spec/gloss/normal/etc. 100% of the time fails to assign the proper materials to the correct mat ID's when reimporting a project or when using a preset. The layer will show the correct mat id on the right, but the mask will be for a completely different id. And many many more little bugs sadly.

I really hope you guys are able to continue a focus on stability and usability improvements now and after the Megascans release and any new features currently on your roadmap.
  • ScoobyDoofus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think marking the thread as solved is a bit premature unless you want me to make a new thread for the new issues...
  • teddybergsman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi ScoobyDoofus,

Thanks for verifying. The fact that you get these file system corruption messages is a bit worrying and hints at a greater underlying problem. I'm not entirely sure what yet but have a few ideas. If your project is created/edited on another drive, do you still get these issues?

(Unmarked as solved, now back to "in progress")

Thanks.
    - Teddy
  • ScoobyDoofus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Teddy,

I get these issues regardless of which drive the projects are created on.
    I am currently working on & from my desktop on my C drive. This is a work machine so I dont have the option to fully disable to fiddle with my firewall settings at present.

I frequently see this error after dDo claims to have saved my file (but not really, its corrupt anyway):
    System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80042260): General Photoshop error occurred. This Functionality m ay not be available in this version of Photoshop.
  • gabor41
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gabor41 null
    Quixel guys,

Thanks for the prompt response! I have applied the patch and have seen some stability increase. However...I have NEW bugs that have essentially the same impact. Now, when I save a file, I frequently (maybe...35-50% of the time) get a message about how dDo prevented the file system from corrupting my file...then the program crashes and my project is corrupt and unrecoverable. :(

I'm also still seeing frequent problems with dDo misplacing items in the stack or not maintaining parity with the spec/gloss/normal maps. Not sure if a bug or intentional, but added layers are often in different order in the stack for albedo/spec/gloss/normal/etc. 100% of the time fails to assign the proper materials to the correct mat ID's when reimporting a project or when using a preset. The layer will show the correct mat id on the right, but the mask will be for a completely different id. And many many more little bugs sadly.

I really hope you guys are able to continue a focus on stability and usability improvements now and after the Megascans release and any new features currently on your roadmap.

Hi,

I had/have the same issue with saves. I tested a lot of different variations and it seems to me that if I save the project with "save project as" the corruption occurs. However I have not had any problems when I used "save project". Maybe this can help you with the save issue until the bug is worked out....