Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Alchemist Character WIP

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Avelyne polycounter lvl 3
Hi everyone!
I've recently picked up Zbrush and have been working on my first character. I am going for an alchemist theme and hope to learn a lot about the process of getting a character game ready. Any feedback or critiques are greatly appreciated :)

NhHJTWh.jpg

Replies

• Tits
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    Tits mod
    Great start for a first character!
    First you should not make the hand facing forward like this, rigger do not usually like to work with hand posed that way.
    Best would be to just turn them so the palm are looking down instead of forward.
    I think you could play with a little bit more curve on her limbs to make them look a little bit less ''tube like''
    The chin is so close from the mouth, I think you should bring that part down and really try to get that bone structure of the face so show a little bit more.

What kind of style are you going for? do you have some ref or concept art?
    Ip1eXqz.png
  • Avelyne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey Tits! Thank you for the great advice and paintover :) I didn't even notice how tube-like she looked until you pointed it out. I tried to make adjustments similar to your image and I think it helped her to look much more human-like now, especially in the face. Good to know about the hands facing down making it easier for the rigger, I was not aware of that!

CzIiS4u.jpg

I am trying to go for a semi-realistic style. My hopes are to get this character game ready for a game that my sister and I want to make. I followed a few reference images for different parts of her clothing. #1 is the overall style of the character that I wanted to go for. #2 is the corset and necklace. #3 is how I wanted the potions to look with materials. #4 is my reference for the belt.
    Thank you again for the feedback, it's much appreciated!

w6wLQPr.png
  • karytsukino
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    karytsukino greentooth
    Hey! Nice start! I like the style of the character! I agree with @Tits, I understand that you are not looking or a realistic character, could try to play a bit more with her curves, especially on her legs. If you look your REF #1 you'll see that. Her folds in the hoodie looks a bit weird too, maybe you could look for some references for folds they will help you. But I think you have good references for style so keep going! Nice start! I'm looking foward to see it!:)
  • Avelyne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey everyone! It's been awhile since my last post, but I was finally able to work on this character again! It ended up being 10,764 polygons. The retopology/baking/texturing process took me much longer than I expected and I will focus on improving that in future projects. Any feedback is always welcome!

@karytsukino I agree that the hood looked a bit weird, I tried to fix it but I couldn't end up getting it to look right so I ended up taking it out. I tried adding some more curves to her legs, but comparing the pictures now it doesn't seem like I made as extreme changes as I thought I did. Thank you for the feedback! :)

xEu4foY.jpg?1