Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Learning thread [ Substance ] + [ Modo ]

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
Sliterin polycounter lvl 11
Hey guys , I decided to have few months brake from making commercial stuff , so I have time to learn new programs, new workflows, and try to make bigger enviro at the end. First material that I create were bricks, Im decent satisfied with it, but It's not greatest one for sure and I could work on it much more, but it took me a lot of time anyway.

UPDATE [ PLEXI GLASS ]
IaZnQac.png

UPDATE [ GRAY BRICKS ]
Ei7V1Ja.png

OLD
pB14xDy.jpg
a3AzLdz.jpg

Replies

• aelwine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aelwine polycounter lvl 6
    Looks pretty nice, I like the way the mortar goes around the bricks and sip out.
    I feel like some of your colors might be a bit too dark and saturated overall, It might be because of the environment you're using, so I'm not too sure.
    If it feels good in other lighting conditions, then no problem.

A bit more gloss/roughness variation would be nice as well. But overall really solid texture.
  • Sliterin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aelwine wrote: »
    Looks pretty nice, I like the way the mortar goes around the bricks and sip out.
    I feel like some of your colors might be a bit too dark and saturated overall, It might be because of the environment you're using, so I'm not too sure.
    If it feels good in other lighting conditions, then no problem.

A bit more gloss/roughness variation would be nice as well. But overall really solid texture.

Hey thank you from your contribution in that thread, really appreciate your works in SD! You were right about all what you wrote and right now I know why it looked like it looked. First I did mistakes in setting it in Marmo like not inverting roughness to not setting to linear etc. so you know it couldn't look good. So in diffrent lighting position it looked even worse ;-).

But today I went back to this substance (love substance that I didn't need to make all from scratch I could just go back to graph and rework it) and reworked it, for my chinese scene. I hope I gonna get some critique! Here are the results:

Ei7V1Ja.png
    vtypFbG.png
    Sd3eEhY.png
  • Sliterin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Added new plexi glass material for my chinese scene:

IaZnQac.png
    FEsGmcA.png
    HbvQwD3.png
  • Sliterin