Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

zBrush: Halo Horned Beast, advice on my anatomy!/?

martynball
polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
martynball polycounter lvl 10
Hey, this is only a VERY basic blockout of the Throned Beast. I want to try and recreate this creature for a University project so it looks photo realistic!

Could you please give me advice on my current VERY basic anatomy, so just let me know of any changes you would make! Thanks!

*See attachment*

Replies

• Burpee
    Offline / Send Message
    Burpee polycounter lvl 9
    It's too soon to give feedback sir, but I think the overall proportion looks ok, keep working on it i'm sure it'll be great :)
  • Brian "Panda" Choi
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    What's your reference for the skin texture?
  • TheodorUrhed
    Offline / Send Message
    TheodorUrhed polycounter lvl 4
    You really should reconsider doing something else, right now you're trying to do something that there's extremely little reference material of. It's basically impossible to find anything else than the picture you've provided, which in itself is very low res and only shows the monster from one angle, I don't even think it has a tail, which you've given it.

Unless you're going to play the game and take a bunch of reference yourself I'd recommend instead doing a study of a real animal and really study that anatomy as you will learn a lot more than you would ever do from this. We will also have a lot easier time pointing out things that are wrong. Help us help you.
  • martynball
    Offline / Send Message
    martynball polycounter lvl 10
    @TheodorUrhed - I understand what you mean, but my lecturer said this would be a great creature to make as it will challenge me due to the lack of reference. I will be taking references from real world animals for things like skin details, for example I was thinking a Rhino type skin.

This creature isn't in any playable game, it was some early tests from the first Halo game during it's Alpha stages I believe. I will do more work to it and get it's form a bit more down the line, I just want advice on if it's anatomy looks sort of realistic, although not EXACTLY real as it's a made up creature.