Home Technical Talk

Zbrush : Advanced Masking Question

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
capone polycounter lvl 18
I inserted this 'button' on a subtool and was able to transpose just the button. At the time I was happy with it and continued but now I'm having trouble selecting JUST the button for transposing. I can split the polygroups and select just the button with Ctrl+Shift which lets me transpose the button BUT it hides the rest of the subtool. Ideally I'd want to not mess around with polygroups, surely there must be a way to mask that damn button with 1 click? Similar to 'select element' in a 3D program?

GXPS3Qb.jpg

Replies

• pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    Once you have the button isolated thanks to ctrl-shift clicking, mask it with the masking method of your choice (rectangle marquee in this case) and then unhide everything else. The mask should still be active after you make everything visible and you can go on from there. It's a bit more than a single click action, but that should cover what you need.
  • capone
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    capone polycounter lvl 18
    That's a great workaround, I can't believe I never thought to try that. Thanks so much!
  • pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    You're welcome :)

On a related note, I would highly suggest you to build your very own popup menu for easy access to this kind of features (hiding points, grouping, splitting, and so on). It saves a lot of time in the long run. Like this :

2rdf6Dc.jpg