Home Technical Talk

New Bake Tab / Window (Modo 801)

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
repete polycounter lvl 6
Hello all

My second attempt at creating a bake window for modo and this time it worked out.

I have added the video below so you can get a good grasp on how to use it before I upload the files (still have to work out how to make it's integration painless for users).

The vid quality is not great and it is a bit long, you have been warned :poly122:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=48h0NmXU9v0

I should have it uploaded this week sometime :poly121:

cheers

Replies

• peanut™
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    peanut™ polycounter lvl 19
    Thanks to you Repete, im going to have a blast with this tool ... i wish i didn't have a full time job. :poly122: sigh!
  • repete
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    repete polycounter lvl 6
    Here it is https://www.dropbox.com/s/uqg3gl3stybpcos/Bake.zip?dl=0

####BACKUP YOUR MODO CFG FILE#### before you do anything.

Add the "Bake" file to your scripts folder and start / restart modo.

Add a new "TAB" using the + sign and choose "Application" then BakeVP. You should then have the bake viewport.

I cannot and will not be held responsible for any errors this may cause you. I have fully tested it on a clean install of Modo 801 SP3 with zero errors.
    I have also replaced my backup copy of the CFG file and everything works as normal.

You might experience issues using earlier service packs !!!

**NB** Do not use the "Maximise ViewPort" button to lock the RAY GL render view to your models, just change to any tab and back it works fine. You can test this yourself as it creates an ugly 27359941353:lay-unmax in place of the BakeVP name.

I have added another way to view your cage & high poly using the Topo view, you can turn it on and off see the pic below.

http://www.dropbox.com/s/plccxnwvdj54fkd/NewCageMode.png?dl=0

here is my background image file i use for the GL background:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/bapncqq6c9qk740/BG.png?dl=0

Happy baking :poly121:
  • repete
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    repete polycounter lvl 6
    Fixed an error in the shader macros. Re-download for fix !!!
  • StormyBA
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    StormyBA polycounter lvl 8
    To be honest ive never found baking to much of a chore in modo. What kind of tools have you combined together?!
  • peanut™
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    peanut™ polycounter lvl 19
    StormyBA wrote: »
    To be honest ive never found baking to much of a chore in modo. What kind of tools have you combined together?!

Don't trash people's effort, specially the hard work they put in giving away the free plugins we all enjoy.
  • Bek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bek interpolator
    Huh? Stormy's post sounds like a fair question. Perhaps don't assume people mean the worst? Though repete, maybe a simple picture of the new baking tab with labels or something (rather than a YT link) would be a good idea to get the attention of those only partially interested.
  • repete
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    repete polycounter lvl 6
    Bek wrote: »
    Huh? Stormy's post sounds like a fair question. Perhaps don't assume people mean the worst? Though repete, maybe a simple picture of the new baking tab with labels or something (rather than a YT link) would be a good idea to get the attention of those only partially interested.

My photobucket is bummed out. I will post a pic later with some labels but it is self explanatory

@StormyBA

Many people do have issues with baking in modo due to the shading tree and getting assets from modo into UE4 for instance is not very clear for new users. The tab it's self is quite fluid, check it out :poly121: