Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Syndrome- inspired by The Incredibles

Hey guys,

I attempted to create Mr. Incredible's nemesis 'Syndrome'. Including podium and zero-point lazer beam, triangle count is around 17k. I am attaching a Sketchfab link so you can spin him around, as well as a couple renders out of marmoset.

Appreciate any C/C (hoping to turn this into a portfolio piece).

Link to behance:
https://www.behance.net/bauerleindesign

[SKETCHFAB]d9ddeef533cf407b99e4708965dd4fab[/SKETCHFAB]

final-renders_beauty1.jpg

final-renders_beauty.jpg

final-renders_beauty2.jpg

final-renders_wireframe.jpg

final-renders_breakdown.jpg

final-renders_maps.jpg

Replies

• miamigator09
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Edited OP with most recent renders-

LESSONS LEARNED:
    1. Stay in quads as long as possible.. I had to triangulate the mesh in order to get it to preview correctly in Quixel, and didn't realize how impossible it made cleaning up the mesh down the road (lack of edge loops, poor smoothing). From now on, I'll be creating a one-off triangulated mesh for apps that require it, and stick to my quad mesh for posing etc.

2. UV meshes in their most primitive (symmetric/clean) form, usually I wait until I've sculpted a model to near completion before unwrapping, but the unwraps tend to be a little difficult to smooth out and aren't conducive to efficient maps. I'm still not great at utilizing the full UV space, and have varied results when trying to get square'd off UV's vs. UVs that organically wrap well around the model.
  • Tobbo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tobbo polycounter lvl 11
    Well he turned out great! The pose and facial expression is nice too!