Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OctoKube polycounter lvl 2
    i am curious to know if the quality/time ratio is good, for my own sake
  • Moosebish
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Moosebish polycounter lvl 12
    I feel like you managed to get a good about of detail in. Especially for only 2 days of work. It's definitely good, just not great.

Now, I'll preface it by saying that I know almost nothing about the process of sculpting for toys. But the two things that stood out to me was the pose and his left hand.

The pose is fairly boring. If I got a toy in this pose, I don't know that I would be too stoked about it. Something more dynamic and exciting would feel so much coolor. I imagine you used this picture as reference:

20150210061448!HanSolo-Fathead.png

In the picture, his upper body is much more twisted and and angled. The camera is a little different, I don't think that helps you any.

His left hand look very small, the fingers are very skinny and short, and his wrist is almost non-existent.

I would assume that because I toy can be held and looked at from any direction that pose and anatomy is extremely important. So that it can be recognizable from any angle.
  • Kel-Shaded
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kel-Shaded polycounter lvl 6
    Small details like those on the belt tend to be lost on kids toys when moulded so prolly wasn't worth doing,
    The hands when looked at by someone else don't look unfinished they look wrong, if you cant finish them on time, cut them off.

The quality/time ratio is very good,
    Do you think everyone who was given that art test started from scratch and used only the time they said, no and never.
  • OctoKube
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OctoKube polycounter lvl 2
    Yes Kel-S I probably should have just omitted the hands, you are right about that. Its funny that the employer did not chose a model for the art test to make it an even playing field, so yeah im sure someone bent the rules a bit.

thanks for the replies