Home Quixel Megascans

SOLVED: Bought the quixel suite 3 months ago , still does not work.

Mcbeardo
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Mcbeardo polycounter lvl 4
Iam on win 8.1
Is quixel even supported on win 8.1?
What set up is recomended to get quixel working?
What softwares arent supposed to be installed to get quixel working?

Would be great to get a step by step list to do before installing quixel so the workstation is fit as a fiddle.

Then what softwares arent compatible with a install of quixel. word, paint, ect.

Cause theres apperantly something messing up the communication with quixel and photoshop.

I have gone through:
The firewall
The antivirus settings
The installpaths
The languages
The admin rights

I have gotten every error posted here, i have gone through every solution. And nothing works.

Its like quixel invents new errors everytime i click on the start icon.

1 out of twenty times it starts, and i can save.
the rest is crashes.

The classical is when the quixel gui freezes, and ucant do anything but kill it in the processes tab. and then retry, adn retry and retry, g trhough every error check here and try the solutions. Now theres no point in trying those solutions cause i have allready tried them all. if they have been posted here that is.

The latest crash is this.

The suite has crasched. restarting.
Error message:Microsfot.csharp.runtimebinder.runtimebinderexception:Det g

Replies

• Bino
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm on windows 8.1 and use Photoshop CC with the latest updates. I can confirm Quixel works but is just really crashy.

Sometimes after a crash I need to go into the task manager and kill "SUITE".

The common mantra I hear is to open it as administrator.

Other than that... You should probably post which version of Photoshop you're using.

Frustrating I know. I'm really hoping the next release concentrates on stability.
  • Mcbeardo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    latest photoshop cc of course, latest windows, latest quixel. :)
  • Deadly Nightshade
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Deadly Nightshade polycounter lvl 10
    I switched to the CC 2014 x64 summer edition from 14.2.1 x64 and it was a lot more stable. But now dDo corrupted my project and I´m back to having this error once again (but not on new projects).
    And I completely agree with you! We don´t need more features. We need stability so that this tool can be used in a production pipeline for real. It pains me to see so much potential being wasted by such stability issues :(
  • Altea
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Altea polycounter lvl 6
    I wonder, is there anyone that can use the current version as a production tool? Or nobody can?
  • geothefaust
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    geothefaust polycounter lvl 9
    I've been unable to use the any builds of QS for quite some time, it doesn't seem to like to run under the last three or two builds of PS. No matter what I try. So you're not alone.

It's disappointing, I was really enjoying it while it worked.
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi Mcberdo!

Firstly sorry for the troubles, hopefully we can sort this out!
    I assume that your photoshop is installed as a "svensk" version since your error message are in swedish,
    The Suite works absolutely best with an English version of PS, and not just language setting but how it is installed.

Try updating to the latest version of Java if you don´t already have that installed.

Go in to photoshop manually and Increased the amount of drivespace allotted to "scratch space" and reduced the number of undos (History States) photoshop stores.

There are no known conflicts in regards to starting the suite apart from anti-virus software.

Try that and see if they do anything for you! Lycka till!

Altea - Thousands of users are using it in production on a daily basis, I know that is little to no comfort for those having problems, and we are working very hard on making it more stable in upcoming releases!

geothefaust - sorry to hear that, what problems are you experiencing?
  • Mcbeardo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well that was easy Erik.

Well quixel absolutly does not work with swedish photoshop cc. Its in laymans terms dead in water. It really does not work at all. I cant even start it up.

So what you Erik, is saying is reinstalling windows in english, to get photoshop cc in english. This is what adobe has said since the language is apperantly dependant the computers isntalled language. And it doesent count if u set it to english, but you hafto install an english version of the os.

Wich means reinstalling all my other softwares all over again. Just for the off chance that quixel "might" work best.

Do quixel even have plans on making it work for photoshop in any other language and if so how long away is that

Photoshop has 150 gb free from an ssd. And i dont know what that has to do with quixel crashing on start.

i also dont use an antivirus software and the windows firewall is off.

And i have the latest java.

No luck for me.
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You do not need to re-install the entire OS, here is a guide of how to install Photoshop CC with another language: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/change-installed-language.html

Im sorry that you have to re-install photoshop, we´re looking in to support for all languages in the future. Let me know how this works out!
  • Mcbeardo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So i made a little step by step list to follow and for anyone else around me.

Photoshop

01. Make sure your photoshop is in english, and that means its installed as an english version. It does not matter if you just change the language setting.
    02. Make sure photoshop has admin rights to launch
    03. Make sure photoshop is greenlit in the windows firewall and your antivirus

Windows

04. Make sure u have the latest .NET framework and that its working
    05. Make sure u have the latest java

Quixel

06. Make sure the filepath is the default one
    07. Make sure quixel suite, ndo, ddo, 3do, SUITE.vshost has admin rights to launch
    08. Make sure quixel suite, ndo, ddo, 3do, SUITE.vshost greenlit in the windows firewall and your antivirus

after i done this i did as following:

1. Started photoshop first (as said in the forums by quixel)
    2. launched Quixel suite
    3. clicked ndo

And...

http://i.imgur.com/oRAZ94g.jpg

No go. :(

Now, why does it work for so many else? what differs between their set up and mine? Mine is a new computer with everything fresh installed and up to date.

Eric Ramberg should i try anything else?
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mcbeardo - Thanks for the crashscreens, looking in to this now!
  • Mcbeardo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • Mcbeardo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Any news on development on the current issues Erik Ramberg?
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I have sent you a PM!
  • Remmers
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Remmers polycounter lvl 7
    Hello Eric,

Is it possible to share the solution to Mcbeardo's error messages? One of our students got the same issue as Mcbeardo described with the same error message.

Cheers
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi Remmers! We´re going to do a test for Mcberdos issue with a new version very soon, If this is successfull we can carry the test build over to your students computer as well!
  • Remmers
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Remmers polycounter lvl 7
    Great, thanks!
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Good news!

We have manage to reproduce and solve this bug! We are currently doing a 1.8 stability push and a preview build will be available for download here at polycount very shortly!