Home Technical Talk

Zbrush 4R7 "Mask must be cleared in order to DynaMesh"

ngon master
Offline / Send Message
Magihat ngon master
"NOTE: Mask must be cleared in order to DynaMesh" is slowly becoming the bane of my existence. However much I try to clear a mask this message keeps popping up preventing the DynaMesh process. The weird thing is that if I try to split the masked area off it complains that "Mesh must be partially masked before executing this function".

Anyone know what could cause these conflicting issues?

Replies

• CheeseOnToast
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CheeseOnToast greentooth
    Try using the actual clear mask button under the masking section in tools, rather than crtl+dragging in the viewport. That's solved it for me in the past.
  • Magihat
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Magihat ngon master
    Try using the actual clear mask button under the masking section in tools, rather than crtl+dragging in the viewport. That's solved it for me in the past.
    Now I feel silly for missing such an obvious thing :P Thank you, worked like a charm!
  • Butthair
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Butthair polycounter lvl 11
    Using the Clear Mask button will literally just clear mask.

Since you're using dynamesh, I'm going to assume you have the "ClayPolish" button on which will do a clayPolish on the projection of the dynamesh. Evidently, whenever clay polish is done (in any way) it actually masks part of the tool. You can see this very clearly if you sharpen the mask a few times. It's a very wierd thing zbrush does.