Offline / Send Message
Fomori polycounter lvl 12
Kindly been given permission by Andr

Replies

• Fomori
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    A little update. Pushed the face a bit further and a super quick block in of the upper arms.
    Body still very rough, will probably retopo it and model completely in Sub-D.

As it's not concepted I really don't know what to do with his back at the moment. So just messing around.

bEdepRx.png
    dmzDrvO.png
    pUozSBf.png
    f8gNnMh.png
  • cottonmothcrown
    Hey off to a great start! And I like how you modified the concept art. His torso's looking a bit wide though compared to the concept, kinda makes him look like an action figure.

Also wondering if you might have an easier time with the smaller details by breaking things up into more subtools?

Keep up the great work!
  • Fomori
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @cottonmothcrown

Hey thanks! Yeah I see what you're saying about the wide body. Because the concept is slightly from the side it's a little hard to judge. It seemed pretty wide to me, but I would agree it's maybe looking a bit too wide on the model.

Good call on breaking up into more sub tools. But I will be doing that once I've retopologised it and bring it back into Zbrush.
  • theStoff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    theStoff greentooth
    Overall the silhouette is looking nice if you ask me but I do feel you're loosing the sharp feel of the concept. Here's a quick paintover of the head and torso (more complete areas). I'm better at explaining through images :)

4Zd0AqO.jpg
  • Fomori
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks! I especially like what you did with the cheek bones.

I actually decided to move on from this project as some other priorities came along. Might return to it at some point...
  • theStoff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    theStoff greentooth
    Any time! Yeah I understand there are plenty of projects I just stopped half way. Sometimes it's better just to take what you learned and move on to something new.