Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Portfolio] Environment/Lighting Artist critique

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
leleuxart polycounter lvl 10
I've seemed to hit a dead end in my work/motivation and would like some critiques to steer me in the right direction, if possible. I've been out of college for over a year now, had about 8 art tests, multiple interviews and some very close opportunities, but nothing ever went through. I've even scheduled an interview only to have the project and interview cancelled within two hours after scheduling it. Having been so close, but never being successful has kind of ruined my drive and it's been really hard for me to get anything worthwhile done.

I've got a good understanding of all the programs being used, including PBR in various engines, but I need something more that shows my skills. I really want a new environment, since mine is a little outdated. I started on something like this as a diorama of sorts ljEf3mr.jpg
but I'm open to some other suggestions if you guys can send some concepts my way. Due to the lack of motivation and time(dealing with loans and other jobs), I'm looking for something small, but beneficial, to get back into the swing of things.

My portfolio is brianleleux.com Thanks a lot in advance