Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

Aaron's Concept Art

I'm about to submit my second piece here and thought it would be a good idea to just have one thread where I can organize all my work. So here I'm reposting my first piece.

Replies

• WhereTrumpAt
    Here's the piece I finished today. Blocked out major shapes in Modo and painted over in Photoshop.
  • chris_legaspi
    Your enviros are sick. Love the look you're getting with the modo. Makes me want to model some more :)

Where are you working now?
  • WhereTrumpAt
    Your enviros are sick. Love the look you're getting with the modo. Makes me want to model some more :)

Where are you working now?

Thanks for the compliment Chris! Yeah, I'm having a blast getting to know modo. It's definitely worth messing around with if you're thinking about doing some more modeling. It was the first 3D program that I didn't feel so intimidated by the perceived learning curve.

Just checked out your website by the way; you've got some amazing stuff there--love those figure studies too! (I need to do more of those)

Right now I'm working in the US doing freelance patent illustration while trying to build up a strong concept art/illustration portfolio to apply for some jobs in that field.
  • heymynameisivan
    These are awesome, I especially love the 2nd image, it reminds me of those photos from the 30's of guys eating lunch while sitting on a steal beam on the skyscraper they are building :D
  • WhereTrumpAt
    ...it reminds me of those photos from the 30's of guys eating lunch while sitting on a steal beam on the skyscraper they are building :D

Thanks! I was thinking the same thing while working on it. I was actually tempted to make a black and white version to make it look like an old photograph. You've got some really sick designs on your site btw.
  • IndieGear
    Offline / Send Message
    IndieGear polycounter lvl 8
    I'm loving your work with Modo and paintovers so far! You've got really great colours going on and I really hope to see more of them!
    How long did these take you?
  • WhereTrumpAt
    IndieGear wrote: »
    I'm loving your work with Modo and paintovers so far! You've got really great colours going on and I really hope to see more of them!
    How long did these take you?

Thanks Indie, it's hard to say exactly how long these took as I was sort of learning Modo as I was making them. If I had to guess I'd say maybe 10 hours or so... Going forward I'll be following a more traditional route now that I know a lot more about the program. For instance I'll be starting out with designing the overall shot with thumbnails instead of just diving into 3d. That way, the time I spend in the 3d world will be more efficient and direct.