Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Engine Power Up!

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
Joltya polycounter lvl 10
Sup PC!

I posted this thing a while ago under my old account, but I'm posting it up again cause I've been reworking the textures quite a bit. It's still very WIP, but I'd really like some feedback, so CC is encouraged! :D

Concept by Daniel Graffenberger
Quantum_Rush_Concept_Art_Items.jpg

(The high poly changed a bit since I rendered this)
rtxcI6Q.jpg

hIINZat.jpg

Replies

• Add3r
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Add3r polycounter lvl 11
    Off topic: why the new account and new thread instead of bumping/posting in the other with the new account?

Back on topic: The model itself doesnt have any story elements and looking at it I really have no clue what is going on without any context. That being said, looks like some fun hard surface fun/practice with the ability to practice baking/PBR. Cool shapes and elements.

The materials are slowly getting there. Everything feels like it has similar specular/gloss levels. Would try to break up the materials a little bit. Maybe make the painted metal much more matte, or make the tubes between the pipe and body piece a rubber or plastic material? Right now I think you are trying to play the material definition too safe and the values do not have enough contrast to make the materials and shapes pop.

The textures on the cylinders and booster lower body piece that is attached to the cylinders, both have nicely detailed/worn textures and the upper silver body piece is really lacking in comparison. Feels unfinished compared to the work you put into the textures on the other sections.

Nice bake though! Looks clean.
  • Joltya
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the input, Adder!

As for the new account, it's kind of a long story. I don't mind getting into it, but basically it comes down to me having a new identity in real life and wanting to reflect that in my online life, and I didn't know you could actually change your name on polycount. :\

I've been trying to push the material definition a little bit further, as well as playing with the decals here and there. I wouldn't say I'm done with it yet; I want to get more decals and third read details in there to really bring this piece together, but I feel like I'm getting pretty close.

rbzEI9N.jpg
  • Joltya
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well I think it's time for me to move on from this for now and head on to other projects.

tBWJCZ7.jpg
  • Joltya
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I lied. Now I'm calling it.

aN5MzvJ.jpg
    fJescPQ.jpg