Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

The Walking Dead Gamerez model.

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
DanielJohnsson polycounter lvl 5
Hi everyone!.

My name is Daniel Johnsson and I´m a game art student at The Game Assembly, Malmö, Sweden.

So I have been working on a new project for my portfolio this weak and i thought i would post my progress here on polycount this time, and hopefully get some tips and tricks along the way on how to improve as an 3d/Character Artist.

I chose this time to make a Gamerez model of a Zombie heavily inspired by the walking dead comics/series.

Any comments and suggestions are always welcome. :)

This is what i have so far :

tumblr_njpgn03xsK1re3azwo2_1280.png
tumblr_njpgn03xsK1re3azwo1_1280.png

Replies

• AgelosAp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AgelosAp polycounter
    Hey man,
    pretty good job so far, here s my crit:
    -Pants are the weakest area now, as it goes towards the shoes it becomes worse and worse you probably need to move some volumes around there and not just polish.
    -Add some weathering to the clothes, probably you have it on your mind already.
    -Since the area near his left ear is so damaged and ears are pretty soft I would expect to see some damage there too
    -If you plan on animating or even if not, I would change the way the jeans fold around the knee and do a more mediocre position, right now it's as stretched as it can be and if you bend the knee even for walking the folds will look very unnatural.
  • oobersli
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oobersli polycounter lvl 17
    the eyes could use more eye socket definition. Worked on Survival instinct and AMC let us in on some of their tricks for the costumes. Their face makeup/mask are additive so if you look closely you'll see "most" zombies have quite a bit of socket definition from the eyes and tissue around there sinking inwards.

otherwise looks pretty cool.
  • DanielJohnsson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey Firith!.

Thank you so much for the great feedback!
    Most of this model is stil in a early stage and i will add lots of weathering and such later.
    The pants definitely need more work indeed.i have been working mostly on the parts from the waist down to the crotch so the rest of the pants needs more definition, i have to study more on how the folds work.

Yeah i talked with some friends and my teacher at school about animation and it may be a good idea to change the folds to a, as you say more mediocre position.

I haven't thought about the ear, and it makes alot of sense in what you are writing. i will damage the ear a bit also. =)

Again, Thank you for the feedback, it means alot.
  • DanielJohnsson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you oobersli!.

That´s cool, big thanks for the tip!. i will check that out for sure.

big thanks!.