Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Sony Hitachi VTR

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
Joltya polycounter lvl 10
'sup polycount? I posted this piece a while back while it was still a WIP under my old account, and finally got around to "finishing" it. CC welcome! I'm also still trying to finalize on a definitive presentation style, so any comments on that would be especially appreciated. I always feel really unsure about a lot of things I do, like having cyc walls vs colors as background, any type of post effects, and including my branding. I also feel a bit weird having images other than a 16:9 ratio, although I guess it doesn't really matter that much. Anyway, here's the stuff!

vpgaE1x.jpg
yal8inW.jpg

Replies

• KMiklas
    Offline / Send Message
    KMiklas polycounter lvl 9
    Beautiful!

Just those silver sockets could get some black color in their holes. I think.
  • nastobi123
    Offline / Send Message
    nastobi123 polycounter lvl 8
    this is crazy !!
  • Joltya
    Offline / Send Message
    KMiklas wrote: »
    Beautiful!

Just those silver sockets could get some black color in their holes. I think.

You know, I totally intended on doing that when I was modeling them, but when I started texturing it I completely forgot. :P Thanks for reminding me!
  • Lt_Commander
    Online / Send Message
    Lt_Commander polycounter lvl 10
    That's some nice hard surface you've got going on there!

I noticed you sacrificed edges on a couple of cylinders in the low poly, were you going for a specific budget?

Did you end up using any texture generator suite on this? The white backing is giving me a little bit of a dDo vibe but I could be wrong. Solid material definition though, good work all around.
  • Joltya
    Offline / Send Message
    That's some nice hard surface you've got going on there!

I noticed you sacrificed edges on a couple of cylinders in the low poly, were you going for a specific budget?

Did you end up using any texture generator suite on this? The white backing is giving me a little bit of a dDo vibe but I could be wrong. Solid material definition though, good work all around.

Thank you!

I think you're referring to the 5 sided metal cylinders between the top green part and the back black part? Yeah... I thought I could get away with 5 sides but I over looked them and I see now that it's really distracting. I'll go back and fix them for the "final" final version.

And yah, I did use dDo to get a start, and then of course I added in my own stuff. I agree with you though that it does seem obvious, I'll have to find a way to kind of break that up.