Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

WIP Pandaren fanart

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
Rav3 interpolator
Hello! I'm drawing this piece for a while due to lack of drawing skills I'm stuck at this point =( I still see some way what I can improve here, but very appreciate your help. Thanks for spending your time in advance

ghoUpOA.jpg

Replies

• JamesArk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JamesArk polycounter lvl 10
    His upper body is very well done, however the pose of his legs seems kind of awkward and makes a difficult first read due to his feet overlapping.
  • MykulJaxin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MykulJaxin polycounter lvl 4
    His weapon is feeling a bit jammed in there. It's too close to the edge! Also, his arms seem kinda short?
    When I get stuck and am not sure where to go, I like to flip the canvas horizontally and see if it still works.
  • jonjon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jonjon polycounter lvl 6
    Great work so far! The texture quality in your painting is really great and there seems to be a real confidence in your brush strokes. It also really resonates with the Warcraft art style so well done on that too :)

I agree with MykulJaxin, I would actually move the entire character to the right a bit, that way the weapon doesn't get so close to the edge and the pandaren's face would then also fall on a golden sector which works perfectly composition wise, at the moment the character is a little too central. Another thing that catches my eye is the contrast around the character. Because you've got such a high contrast around his chest and shoulder armour my eyes are drawn there first whereas really you should want the viewers eyes to go to the face first as this is something we relate to better. I would say just adjust the contrast in those areas so that there's less contrast in the torso area and more around the face and then you'll be looking good.

Keep up the great work! :)
  • Rav3
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rav3 interpolator
    Call it done! :D
    @Jonjon THANKS MAN FOR COMPOSITION TIPS! It helped a lot!

Thanks to everyone for comments!

Here's final version http://orig00.deviantart.net/16a4/f/2015/069/7/6/fall_of_draenor_by_rav3nway-d8l5ybf.jpg