Home General Discussion

East Coast Game Conference

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Higuy polycounter lvl 9
Hey guys, anyone here ever been to the East Coast Game Conference? It's obviously not as big as GDC but for some of us out on the East Coast it seems like a relatively cheaper option. Anyone ever been to it or heard of it? It looks pretty cool and it sounds like I'll be attending with along with a friend this year!

http://www.ecgconf.com/

Replies

• darkmag07
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    darkmag07 polycounter lvl 12
    I was a volunteer last year and on the whole I thought it was worth my travel dollar. I've never been to any of the bigger conferences myself, but I felt like it was good prep for if I ever am able to attend one. There were plenty of interesting talks and lots of people to network with (if you're not horribly introverted like me).

I want to say this will be the 6th or 7th year they've had one, and according to the organizers I spoke with while I was a volunteer it has been growing bigger every year.
  • commador
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    commador polycounter lvl 14
    I've ventured down to them before. Its a nice local event, but like every other event most of the "action" happens outside the conference venue. I like it just to catch up and hang out with friends and get a taste of that sweet warm weather a few weeks before the frozen north thaws out. :P