Home Technical Talk

Help me test a photoshop action please!

gloriousczar
polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
gloriousczar polycounter lvl 6
Hey everyone,

I was having issues when I wanted to blur a texture that is tiling in photoshop, if you just do a straight blur in photoshop, the blur doesn't tile and you end up with a seam at the edges. So I created an action that will blur your tiling texture.

It also works if you select a layer with transparency, so if you have tiling rocks or something on its own layer you can blur just that layer without messing up the rest of your document.

Whoever wants it can take this, but if you use it, can you check to see everything works and let me know? It works on my machine and a few other co workers, but when my lead tried to use it, the action wasn't able to paste the blurred layer back into the original document, saying "The paste function isn't available" or something like that, and the blurred version didn't copy to the clipboard. I'm not sure what would be causing that issue so if someone runs into that issue and could possibly help me debug it that would be awesome.

Dropbox link here - http://bit.ly/1ztZ8oS

Thanks!

photoshopBlur.jpg

Replies

• SuperFranky
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SuperFranky polycounter lvl 10
    Works fine for me. I'm gonna make some use of it in the future, thanks :)

My photoshop info if that's what you are interested in:
    Adobe Photoshop Version: 13.0.1 (13.0.1.3 20131024.r.34 2013/10/24:21:00:00) x32
    Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit
    Version: 6.1 Service Pack 1
    System architecture: AMD CPU Family:15, Model:10, Stepping:0 with MMX, SSE Integer, SSE FP, SSE2, SSE3
    Physical processor count: 6
    Processor speed: 3299 MHz
    Built-in memory: 8191 MB
    Free memory: 5137 MB
    Memory available to Photoshop: 3255 MB
    Memory used by Photoshop: 58 %
    Image tile size: 132K
    Image cache levels: 4
    OpenGL Drawing: Disabled.
    OpenGL Drawing Mode: Advanced
    OpenGL Allow Normal Mode: True.
    OpenGL Allow Advanced Mode: True.
    OpenGL Allow Old GPUs: Not Detected.
    Video Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
    Video Card Renderer: GeForce GTX 570/PCIe/SSE2
    Display: 1
    Display Bounds:= top: 0, left: 0, bottom: 720, right: 1280
    Video Card Number: 1
    Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570
    OpenCL Unavailable
    Driver Version: 9.18.13.4725
    Driver Date: 20150109000000.000000-000
    Video Card Driver: nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvd3dum,nvwgf2um,nvwgf2um
    Video Mode: 1280 x 720 x 4294967296 colors
    Video Card Caption: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570
    Video Card Memory: 1280 MB
    Video Rect Texture Size: 16384
  • throttlekitty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Works fine here, I was only able to get "The command 'copy' is not currently available" by trying to run the script with multiple layers selected. It works on a group but you just get a white layer as a result. It (unsurprisingly) doesn't work on text or shape layers, but doing so deletes all layers, just a heads up on that, not that it's a big deal.

Neato script though, thanks for sharing!
  • gloriousczar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gloriousczar polycounter lvl 6
    Hey guys thanks for testing this out.

I'll take a look and see if there's anything I can do about the shape/text layers thing. If you find any other craziness, let me know and I'll fix it.

I've fixed it so it will work on a group now and fixed a bug where it didn't correctly tile if your layer wasn't touching the edge of the document. So now if you blur something over the edge of the document, the blur will carry over to the other side.

I'll change the original post to update the download link too.

http://bit.ly/1ztZ8oS