Home Animation Showcase & Critiques

SpiderDude gets Animated

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
spiderDude polycounter lvl 8
It's been over 7 years since I've animated anything. I wouldn't want to do it professionally, but I did find it fun. So this past weekend I felt like diving back into animation.

Here is a very newby jump to get started.
FugDvac.gifDOKhTFw.gif

Replies

• MaxOfS2D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MaxOfS2D polycounter lvl 5
    You have a decent start. However, I would suggest that you polish the root of your animation (in this case, the center of gravity, the pelvis) before you move onto anything else. In this case, the pelvis moves in a pretty linear way, and the recoil on landing impact looks pretty unnatural.

Another thing that I'd point out is that the arms move unnaturally fast.
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    I think it'd be fun if the arms were a bit less symmetrical in motion. Perhaps he thrusts one fist in the air as he jumps?
  • spiderDude
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    spiderDude polycounter lvl 8
    Thanks for the feedback!
    Made some changes to the jump. Gonna move on to doing some walk cycles, probably should have started with those lol.

0zoslcW.gif
  • charlestinney
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    charlestinney polycounter lvl 6
    giving some suggestions on poses before the jump. and while he is jumping the spacing is off on your poses, so there's a "ball bounce" in there to show the spacing for going up and coming down and the acceleration and deceleration that goes along with that. the "ball bounce" is based on your timing, although it could argued that the timing should be adjusted to have less time, as it feels a it slow; nonetheless, the timing works. i would also suggest to remove the arm flaps.

keep going!

sorry for the flickering, if i do more like this, i'll be sure to use a different method.

polycount_jump_notes.gif