Home Contests & Challenges Archives Allegorithmic's 'the THRONE ROOM'

THRONE ROOM - The Zeppelin Throne - limeforce

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
limeforce polycounter lvl 7
I feel this will be an excellent competition! Plenty of nice looking projects out there already, I especially enjoy the threads of Alex04se, WarrenM, Jellied Whales, Scampbell & Dawnson -- inspiring! I do not have much experience with environment art, but I still wish to make this one of the threads to watch. My Throne Room will be something slightly less conventional, here's the back story:

A company called Seven Zeppelins is responsible for transporting a valuable gas over a mountain range that is difficult to pass safely by any other means. The commander of the fleet manages the operations from his formidable throne on the flight deck of the Prime Zeppelin. The throne also doubles as his seat in the Zeppelin Council when the captains of the Seven Zeppelins assemble to discuss.

So the whole thing takes part in the gondola of a very large Zeppelin. I'm looking to incorporate some majestic looking early 20th century technology with epic vistas and nice lighting. Concepts, moodboard & initial blockout coming tonight/tomorrow.

I'm working alone, but I'm still open for collaboration if someone more experienced would like to get on board when they see the initial visuals.

Maya
UE4
Substance
Photoshop
Zbrush?
World Machine?

Replies

• limeforce
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I was thinking of posting some images tonight, but what I have so far is still so lacking that it'll have to wait until tomorrow. I'll get some sleep, try out a few more things and post something more fun in 16 hours from now.
  • limeforce
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I am currently having a very hard time getting anything inspiring on paper or screen. Here is some of the horribleness I've come up with so far. I feel like these are not worth a post, but I'll get to the habit of showing my progress anyway. (Yep, repulsive colors & shaky camera images of simple pencil sketches..............).

Anyways, I'm going for a pilot-esque throne on an elevator platform on a roomy Zeppelin flight deck. When the platform is up the Commander has access to all his equipment and a view overlooking his crew. By lowering the platform and turning around he can easily take part in the Zeppelin Council meetings.

5.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg
  • Joyal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joyal null
    Final Fantasy VII ;)