Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Count Doom Realtime Character

ngon master
Offline / Send Message
Bolovorix ngon master
I've been working on this character for a while now and decided to make a thread as I work on getting his presentation finished.
I'm using Marmoset Toolbag 2 for the renders.
screenshot051.png

Replies

• Leon_Raven
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Leon_Raven polycounter lvl 9
    HAHAHA! This is a very interesting and funny character!! Well done!

Now I'm still learning myself to create nice presentations for my characters, but I've noticed a lot of people talking about putting the rim light in the right place to catch the attention of the eye. Right now your rim light really stand out on the side of the leg. I think that if you reduce the intensity of the rim light on the leg and try to create a rim light on his RIGHT shoulder, the attention of the viewer might be focused more on the upper body.

I hope you get what I'm trying to say! :D

Overall this is already a very nice presentation!
  • BagelHero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BagelHero interpolator
    Hoo, boy, what a character!
    Love it, can't wait to see the final. I will say, though, the pose is just a little static for a character with such a goofy build. Could use a little more energy in it.
  • Bolovorix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bolovorix ngon master
    Thanks for the feedback!

@Leon_Raven I definitely see what you mean about the rim light. It's one of those things I'm having a hard time getting right, lol. I'll see what I can do with your suggestion.

@BagelHero I'm glad you like him! I'll take a look around and see if I can find a way to tweak the pose a bit.
  • Leon_Raven
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Leon_Raven polycounter lvl 9
    Hei, for the pose, I think you might be able to give the character more life if you just twist the shoulders, hips and knees all in opposition with eachother, kinda like this. oFIDpYj.png

Sorry I can't do a paint over (not on my computer atm) I hope this is clear enough to understand what I mean.
  • Deathstick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Deathstick polycounter lvl 7
    very interesting design, nice work!