Home Contests & Challenges Archives Allegorithmic's 'the THRONE ROOM'

THRONE ROOM - The River Idol - Ken0y

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
ken0y polycounter lvl 7
Hey, I've been using Polycount on and off for a while now (mostly observing). A work colleague found this competition and suggested I do it. I'm going to give it a go :)

I have a great love of all things Mesoamerican, specifically the Art and Architecture. I found a very interesting piece of art work, I think it was for an attraction at Disney land, I'm not sure if it was ever built. The artwork is titled 'The River Idol' and is by Artist Bryan Jowers. This will be the inspiration for my submission.

riveridol3.jpg

riveridolrend.jpg

Replies

• ken0y
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ken0y polycounter lvl 7
    Finally weaned myself off of the Destiny RNG teat long enough to actually do some work.

I finished the blockout a couple of weeks ago to be honest, I've just been procrastinating ever since. The blockout was produced in 3DSMax and visualised in Unity 5 Pro. The new lighting system is brilliant.

I've started working towards some textures too, I've included some work I'm currently doing for a tiling wall texture. I'm a huge fan of chunky stylised textures and that is the direction I will be taking this piece.

blockout_unity_01.png
    tileable_wall_sculpt.png

Cheers,

K