Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Kai Webb - 3D Thread

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
Joltya polycounter lvl 10
Hello Polycount! I used to post here under "JoltZero", but I've been going through a lot of changes in my identity, so I created the new name "Joltya" to reflect that. Maybe a bit cheesy, but it felt important to me.

I'm starting this thread to post up all of the major stuff I have been working on, and will continue to update this as my portfolio grows. Some of these are finished, some aren't, and some need to be reworked, but I figured I can share them all and get some feedback either way. So here we go!

Bostitch Nail Gun
nhozn4O.jpg

M191 Browning Machine Gun
DNbQNPW.jpg

Honda 264 Lawnmower
E2eljoR.jpg

S.S. Nomad Command Center
(concept by Lee Yong Yi)
m1ReLoV.jpg

The Traub
LUZmltQ.jpg
DEFA3tX.jpg

G313 Engine Power Up
(concept by Daniel Graffenberger)
Mco3aHm.jpg

Sony Hitachi VTR
67umMoM.jpg

SB-02 Fighter
(concept by Prog Wang)
3BH5lwQ.jpg

As always, C&C are always welcome! Right now, I'm really trying to decide on a consistant presentation style, so if anyone has any pointers as to what they like / don't like, I'd really appreciate it! :D

Replies

• AlexRodriguez
    Offline / Send Message
    AlexRodriguez polycounter lvl 6
    Lawn Mower and if textured the Command Center would be my choice to toss up in your portfolio
  • ZimK
    Offline / Send Message
    ZimK polycounter lvl 4
    I dig the VTR and command center especially. The motorcycle is great but the fuel tank really doesn't fit with the rest of it. I can see it's accurate to the real deal, but the tank could use a few dings to make it more interesting.
  • Joltya
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the feedback guys!

I got the VTR finished, working on completing the Engine Power Up thing right now.

RbjPlnV.jpg
  • Joltya
    Offline / Send Message
    I started working on establishing a consistant presentation style. Let me know what you think! :D

eOA4znU.jpg
    FFt2uyy.jpg
    iZAPiCK.jpg
    kKmwyRP.jpg

(Full album here)
  • Add3r
    Offline / Send Message
    Add3r polycounter lvl 11
    Definitely agree that the command center should be textured/lit/presented. Could possibly be your strongest piece next to your Sony piece. Digging the website. As default though, would have your favorite and most polished asset already loaded on the front page. Should wow your audience the second the site loads.
  • Joltya
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the input Adder. I am in the process of adding all the new stuff I have to my website. I would absolutely love to texture and finish the command center, but unfortunately I don't have a lot of time to finish that at the moment. I'm primarily trying to finish my motorcycle right now.

Here is what the header looks like right now. I intend on finishing my motorcycle before it goes live, so the thumbnail is just kind of a place holder.

HKhfqlU.jpg