Home Contests & Challenges Archives Allegorithmic's 'the THRONE ROOM'

THRONE ROOM - Elven Overseer / CEO - Aerashi

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Aerashi polycounter lvl 9
--- UPDATE ---

Hey all, been a while since my last update. I got too focused on working on the room and it's surrounds that I don't think I'll actually have time to finish that part of it >.< So I spent today getting a highpoly version of the actual throne done. More to come! :)

Initial Blockout & a paintover my fiance kindly did for me to help focus my many many thoughts -

1E8RYyCLnkPkXfZx5I4gipvCKOEqWM.pngmzKnL

Which I've tweaked and done here -

uZf3DaHeRVlQcBqGS4IuymRLna25UI.png

It has a powered down and powered up state, seen briefly here -

thronegif_by_waynemac-d8l2ov9.gif

--- END UPDATE ---

--- ORIGINAL POST BELOW ---

Hi all,

I'll be entering this as a solo artist. My throne is set in a world I've been wanting to develop. An Elven oligarchy are the dominant force on this world, with their control of the main fuel used world wide. The throne is set inside the main factory deep inside their territory.

Dwarves are seen as the lowest form of intelligent life and thus are used as slaves.

Laws governing inheritance are skewed to find the most powerhungry heir to avoid any perceived weakness. Therefore 2 heirs are always in training, however upon death of the current CEO only 1 may take her (the society is Matriarchal, the idea of a male holding a position of power is laughable) place. The losing heir moves to a lesser family branch to fight for a place at that familys boardroom.

The style is a mixture of high fantasy and dieselpunk.

Initial pass below (not much, but enough to get me thinking :))

XSQ0Z

Replies