Home Contests & Challenges Archives Allegorithmic's 'the THRONE ROOM'

THRONE ROOM -- Porcelain Tower -- Hong Kong Cyberpunk Nightclub -- Spencer Brown

JedTheKrampus
polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
JedTheKrampus polycounter lvl 8
Gonna toss my hat in for this one. I'm feeling some Shadowrun fanart. YEAH!

The Porcelain Tower is Hong Kong's hottest nightclub. Hai and He, the dynamic DJ duo, play real vinyl records almost every night, and guard their rare collection of vinyl with their lives. Naturally, there is a full kitchen and bar, staffed by full line cooks, chefs, and bartenders. Those who are rather drunk and feeling strong may wish to give the dwarf tossing range a spin. With the bad economy these days and the great abundance of dwarves since the Awakening, there's no shortage of cheerful dwarven volunteers. Of course, there are a few lovely female dancers who ply their craft at the club. You can't miss them.

From the highest point in the club, the Chairman presides over his thralls in Hong Kong. He sits on an elaborate antique porcelain toilet: simultaneously humbling and opulent. (The toilet is generally considered to be purely ceremonial. The Chairman presumably relieves himself elsewhere, though anyone but him who would know for sure have been...irrevocably silenced.) Those who have been lucky enough to gain a personal audience with the Chairman swear that the experience changed their lives.

So yeah! Shameless toilet thread (third of its kind), cyberpunk nightclub, Shadowrun universe, implied mob boss with attitude, other aesthetic influences will be Blade Runner, Remember Me, and Mass Effect. Maybe the bar will be circular and partially inside, partially outside. Concepts incoming soon, as soon as I get to it, really. I will build out the Chairman's space first, as that's the most important part of the piece. Maybe will put together a couple of different shots, one at dawn and one with all the lights going. Should be an interesting project, overall. Software loadout is going to be Blender, Substance Designer, xNormal, and 3D Coat.

Replies