Home Quixel Megascans

ANSWERED: Marmoset 2 DDO Calibration, Preview vs. Export

I'm currently experiencing a discrepancy between what Photoshop shows as my albedo, gloss, etc... textures when working in DDO and what actually gets output as flats when using the exporter.

This is a random example textured with the latest version of DDO. Below is the albedo as seen while working in Photoshop. The calibration profile used is Toolbag 2 (Specular):

LyvERUR.jpg

And this is what gets exported when using the exporter. Calibration profile used in Marmoset Toolbag 2:

3v2wEuF.jpg

I was wondering if someone could confirm for me if this is normal or expected. It seems strange to me that there's such a discrepancy between the source texture and the flats when both would seem to be using the same calibration profiles? Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi!

Yes its normal, its to compensate the differences in two renders, but this will change with next release as they are now more similar. If you´re experiencing issues with this, you can comment out "// ApplyAlbedoCurve();" from the script located at: Quixel\SUITE\script\calibration\Marmoset Toolbag 2.jsx

Hopes this helps :)