Home Quixel Megascans

ANSWERED: Marmoset 2 DDO Calibration, Preview vs. Export

I'm currently experiencing a discrepancy between what Photoshop shows as my albedo, gloss, etc... textures when working in DDO and what actually gets output as flats when using the exporter.

This is a random example textured with the latest version of DDO. Below is the albedo as seen while working in Photoshop. The calibration profile used is Toolbag 2 (Specular):

LyvERUR.jpg

And this is what gets exported when using the DDO exporter. Calibration profile used is Marmoset Toolbag 2:

3v2wEuF.jpg

I was wondering if someone could confirm for me if this is normal or expected. It seems strange to me that there's such a discrepancy between the source texture and the flats when both would seem to be using the same calibration profiles? Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi!

Yes this is normal due to the differences in the two renders, this will likely change in the next release of the suite however as they are now more similar. If you are having issues with this you can comment out
    "// ApplyAlbedoCurve();" In the script located at: Quixel\SUITE\script\calibration\Marmoset Toolbag 2.jsx

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any more questions :)