Home› 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

Hello everyone, here's some of my work

Hey everybody, this is my first thread here and I'd be lying if I didn't say I wasn't intimidated by all the awesome work you guys push out. But I am here to learn and I wouldn't get far without asking for help and feedback from skilled hard working bad asses such as yourselves. (Also I don't think this matters but I'm currently in grade 10 of high school so advice on getting started with commissions and such would be awesome)

Anyways here's some of my work, main problems I'd like to work on right now are stiff poses and boring angles. I'd love advice good ways to practice drawing dynamic poses in different angles and a million other things (also please advise me on other areas that I can work on as well)

This was a quick monster guy I did in october for a monster a day thing image_by_deadlyfluffball-d836kuq.jpg

The textures on this guy are pretty gross and it's pretty unfinished but it was also done a few months back I think greenbot_by_deadlyfluffball-d85pyco.png

A girl I painted up for a podcast thingy
reggie46_by_deadlyfluffball-d89c5gw.png

Self portrait I did for an art class
selfportraitforart2_copy_by_deadlyfluffball-d87cshd.png

Another monster dude
monsterprac2_copy_by_deadlyfluffball-d8doa2j.png

Bober Futes
bobbafett_by_deadlyfluffball-d8cszw9.png

Please give me feedback on things I should work on, I'd super dupes appreciate it, this place is amazing and I really hope I don't mess things up x3

Replies

• MykulJaxin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MykulJaxin polycounter lvl 4
    Hey! Do you keep a physical sketchbook? Digital tools are great, but I think it's good to be able to draw and think analog, where you have to think before you draw because you don't have ctrl+z watchin' your back. Just like Sauron's One Ring, stuff like Photoshop and Zbrush can be capable of amazing things. But they magnify <i>you</i>. They better you can do without them, the more they'll add to your power. I think that constant practice of fundamentals is great. Sites like http://www.quickposes.com/ or http://artists.pixelovely.com/practice-tools/figure-drawing/ provide models to draw (a good way to practice a fundamental skill if there's no life drawing available near you). Even still, you can walk around with a sketchbook and draw <i>everything</i>. Quickposes can even track daily progress for you to help making goals easy. And keep doing your digital thing, I just think working on some other stuff would augment your skill.
  • Deadlyfluffball
    I do actually : D recently I'm using a bristol one and trying to fill each page with random and anatomical gesture drawings, I use pixelovely often and quickposes a lil' bit :3 also there is a reasonably close live drawing class which I really should be going back to as I've only gone once and it was a good experience. I'd like to know more on good processes (can't think of better word at moment) to draw characters. As in using general shapes or the skeletons and what not (I'm doing a bad job of explaining)

Doing more structured and clean figures like Makkons I suppose: 01-08-2015_gestures2.png