Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Alien Administrator

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
A_GAME polycounter lvl 11
Hi All. I am in the process of sculpting this guy. It has been a struggle, but I want to see it though. Any suggestions will earn my eternal gratitude. As the thread title says, he is an Alien Administrator. Haven't made much backstory beyond that. Maybe I should develop that end of it more. But anyway, here are a couple of variations:
7tsuobI.jpg
And here is a block out of how I will be presenting him him in the final piece if that helps.
OghIDzG.jpg
THANKS!

Replies

• Crazy_pixel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Crazy_pixel interpolator
    Fancy pants, he looks like an alien from the 70's :D
    Maybe his arms could be longer and his head bigger with typical big eyes. If he is an Administrator, you could give him a strong technical suit with wires and headphones or portable displays.
  • A_GAME
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the input! I think I am going to go back a few steps with this one. I didn't spend enough time in the design stage, and Im starting to feel kind of lost with this piece as a result. Maybe I jumped into the details too quick. I think I also need to research more about how Hard Surface Modeling in Zbrush works before I move forward.
  • A_GAME
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Went back to the Zsphere stage to take this guy in a slightly different direction, thanks to a hard surface tutorial by Ben Douglas. Still A lot I want to do with it, but here it is now.

cVGB1bj.jpg
  • A_GAME
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I am trying to decide on a couple ways to go forward with this. I am trying to choose between cloth and and a hard surface for the upper leg. Here is what I am talking about:
    S45UzIr.jpg
    0uqLWkO.jpg
  • A_GAME
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spent some time on his pants, but I think I am going to go back to the hard surface legs. I spent some time on the sloth, but I just dont think it looks good and it doesnt seem practicle either.
    wTCD8f1.jpg