Home Quixel Megascans

Dynamask won't open

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
Olninyo polycounter lvl 10
Hi Guys,

I was working on a project in dDo yesterday and, after taking a break, when I reloaded it I found that left clicking on the mask box no longer opened the dynamask editor. I figured Id restart my PC and see if it had worked itself out today but the problem remains.

Im using version 1.8 and adobe CC 2014.

Right clicking on the mask box produced this error just now:

B6vOEOKCAAAE3W-.jpg

Then the suite crashed.

If any one has any suggestions or has seen this before I'd really love to hear the solution, cheers guys.

Olly.

Replies

• Olninyo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This time when the suite restarted and I clicked dDo I got this little error:

"No input paths specified, aborting batch."
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi!

This seems very strange, does it happen on every project or a specific one?
  • Olninyo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    well I tried one of the example projects just now and dynamask opened but none of the presets had any effect. The only change I could make was changing the mask from black to white.

I rerendered my ddo project as well and got the dynamask window to open but same situation with not being able to use it.
  • Olninyo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    though weirdly all the masks re-rendered fine except for the object space normals masks when I reimported the texture maps.
  • Olninyo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ive now rebuilt the project on my laptop, using a different installation of ddo.
    I had to recreate all the custom materials but everything is operating fine now.

Is it possible this is to do with the custom materials? Ive had a hard time managing them. No easy way to move/delete/import etc but that may just be my ignorance.

Im now not sure how best to move this project back onto my desktop PC to see if it'll work. Will it lose the custom materials again even if I copy them across too?