Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

Orc on rhino

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Ogereye polycounter lvl 6
Hey guys,

I wasn't really active here and feel kind of new to polycount. So I wanted to introduce myself a little bit and will use my last piece for it :)

I am Jens, 30 years and a working 2d artist from germany. I am right now for about 10 years into the gameindustry and my last beast was a private project for my portfolio.

And here is the rhino riding orc. I know the fire would cast a different lightning, but I wanted to add a dramatic feel, without hiding to much of the design. I am not sure if this works well, or if I should fix it.

Replies

• Hofsta
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This is so cool. Solid concept.

Few minor crits. I think it would give the design some added interest to have a few protruding elements to break up the silhouette more. Maybe a banner or spear pouch or more skull trophies mounted on stakes.

The fire is a bit distracting, less from a lighting standpoint and more because it draws your eye away from the rhino rider so much. Could be as simple as just dialing it back a bit, shrinking it down or nixing it.

Great technique and solid results overall though. Would love to see more!
  • stickadtroja
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    stickadtroja polycounter lvl 11
    cool idea!
    i agree with hofsta, but would like to add; there is very little telling that its an orc right now. thin arms, not visiable face. the skin colour is the only thing now that say to me that its not just some tribal dude. and that is pretty toned downed aswell.

my suggestion would be to remove the skull helmet and adds some large tusks to the face or something.