Home Unity

Unity 5 Basic Environment Lighting question

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
capone polycounter lvl 18
I'm trying to follow a tutorial on DigitalTutors, the tutor is using Unity 4 (bottom of image) and I'm using Unity5 (top). The image shows two curious issues; that Unity 5 (Top) now has a skybox and also darker environment lighting? I have no lights in the scene.

6V4kE6E.png

1) How can I delete that default skybox?
2) I'm guessing the lighting issue will be something to do with some environment render/lighting setting, anyone know how to access such a menu?

Replies

• stabbington
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    stabbington polycounter lvl 10
    If you're in the latest beta, you can remove the default skybox through the Lightmapping Tab and clear the Skybox slot in Environment Lighting. In older betas I think this might have been in Edit > Scene Render Settings? Just a guess, as I don't have an older beta here to test.

I'm also guessing that the main lighting difference in the older versions of Unity is that there used to be quite a strong default ambient, which we've removed as it's undesirable to have this with the new lighting and rendering systems. You can probably simulate this by cranking up the ambient colour amount in the Environment Lighting tab (new betas) or Scene Render Settings tab (older betas).