Home Technical Talk

Baking Polypaint from Zbrush Issue

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
apollo580 polycounter lvl 9
I'm having a hard time figuring out whats wrong with my model. I have a high poly model that Im trying to export with the texture map so that Xnormal can project the the detail onto my low poly model. I unwarp with GUV Tiles but when I grab my texture from polypaint, the entire model becomes black except for the eyes. I've attached some pictures, any help will be appreciated.

TmbCC46.png

Z0A2TzU.png

Replies

• Bartalon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bartalon polycounter lvl 12
    Can't say I have a solution to your problem, but if you have any layers you might want to try baking those down first.

On a side note, I find GUV tiles to be an obsolete method for baking color information from ZBrush OBJs. You should be able to bake your color maps out in xNormal without having to do GUV tiles at all, which should also be way faster.

Simply export your HP, and in xNormal uncheck "Ignore per-vertex-color" from the High Definition Meshes slot. Then, in your Baking Options, check "Bake highpoly's vertex colors".
  • umarsahb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Can't say I have a solution to your problem, but if you have any layers you might want to try baking those down first.

On a side note, I find GUV tiles to be an obsolete method for baking color information from ZBrush OBJs. You should be able to bake your color maps out in xNormal without having to do GUV tiles at all, which should also be way faster.
  • instg8r
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    instg8r polycounter lvl 8
    Bartalon wrote: »

Simply export your HP, and in xNormal uncheck "Ignore per-vertex-color" from the High Definition Meshes slot. Then, in your Baking Options, check "Bake highpoly's vertex colors".

Agreed. No need to bake any color information from Zbrush. Just export with your polypaint enabled and make the selections in Xnormal that Bartalon noted above. Easy-peasy :)